Post Title: Property Assistant
GREV - £18,505 - £20,184
Who we are
Renfrewshire Valuation Joint Board is an independent public authority that was established by The Valuation Joint Boards (Scotland) Order 1995.
What we do
We provide a professional valuation and electoral registration service for the Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire & Inverclyde Council areas in respect of compilation and maintenance of the Valuation Rolls, Valuation (Council Tax) Lists and Registers of Electors.
To provide high quality, effective and responsive services to all of our stakeholders.
Based in Paisley, you will assist the Joint Board’s Valuation Team by undertaking inspections of lands and heritages within The Board’s geographical area for the purposes of the Lands Valuation Acts and the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
You should have a good general education and, while not essential, Higher Grade English, Maths or equivalent, additionally proven experience in a similar role is preferable.
A full driving licence and car owner with business use is essential for this role. You should also have experience in using a range of software packages for word processing, spreadsheets and databases. It is also essential that you are a self-motivated individual with excellent time management skills and you are also able to work well as part of a team.
Completed applications must be returned by noon on Tuesday 29th May 2018
Click on the Links for more Information
Post Title: Part-time Temporary Electoral Registration Canvasser (Field Based)
Responsible to: Principal Administration Officer
Purpose of the job:
To assist the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) with the annual compilation of the Register of Electors. To make one visit to all properties assigned to in an attempt to deliver and obtain completed form(s).
September to November 2018
Main Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
1. To make one visit to each household within a designated area to obtain a completed Household Enquiry Form (HEF) from the household;
2. To advise and assist residents on the completion of the Household Enquiry Form. In advising and assisting residents you must ensure that a high level of customer service is offered commensurate with that expected of all Renfrewshire Valuation Joint Board employees;
3. To ensure forms not completed at the door are delivered to the correct address, completely posted through the letterbox and not left on doorsteps or with neighbours;
4. To attend the Electoral Registration Office in person at least once a week to return completed household enquiry forms;
5. To advise the Electoral Registration Office in advance, if in any given week throughout the electoral canvass, you are unable to attend the office. A valid reason must be provided;
6. To accurately record information relating to the canvass, in accordance with instructions, on the Household List;
7. To ensure that all Health and Safety instructions imparted by Electoral Registration Office are followed;
8. To ensure that any Health and Safety related incidents i.e. accidents or incidents of physical or verbal abuse are reported to the appropriate authorities, where necessary, and to Electoral Registration Office as soon as possible;
9. To ensure that any racist incidents or other incidents of this nature are reported to Electoral Registration Office as soon as possible.
10. To advise the Electoral Registration Office immediately if you believe that you are not able to meet your canvassing obligations;
11. Electoral Registration Officer has the right to revoke your appointment at any time if it is believed that you are not meeting your canvassing obligations. If your appointment is revoked you must return all forms and other issued items by the Electoral Registration Office immediately.
Other Job Activities:
1. To work co-operatively with colleagues within the Electoral Registration Office and to follow the instructions of Electoral Registration staff at all times;
2. To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times and that all Data Security and Data Protection obligations, whether legislative or otherwise, are observed;
3. To carry out all duties within the timescale set by the Electoral Registration Office;
4. To ensure that all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with the instructions and guidance given by the Electoral Registration Office;
If you are interested in this post or would like further information please contact Jan O’Brien:
Tel: 0300 300 0150
In writing: Renfrewshire Valuation Joint Board,
The Robertson Centre,
16 Glasgow Road,
Paisley, PA1 3QF